No, it’s not a coincidence. The daily prompt’s question today is something meant to be, personally.
For the past year, my daily activities were almost the same. It turned out to be boring sometimes.
I go to work at 9 o’clock in the morning and since I am a secretary of a company, I sit most of the times in front of a computer receiving emails, answering telephone calls, writing different correspondences and printing a lot of documents. I go home at six in the evening and check my facebook and blogs after dinner, call my wife through skype, then sleep alone in my 25 square meter room space. A routine. Something I have to live with for I am not in my country. I am working here in a foreign land away from home.
Recently, after work, I asked myself why not try something new. Since I have my camera with me which I consider as my best friend, I decided to take a 3-kilometer walk from office going home. I took some photos along the way and I never expected that my photos would remind me of some things about life.
3. FEEL BLESSED IN EVERY SITUATION. However tough life is, I should learn to smile and be thankful I am alive. There will always be someone there who has heavier loads than me to carry.
4. CHOOSE WHICH SIDE. It’s either black or white. It’s my choice and decision to do good or bad, or to live it fair or not.
5. YET OFTENTIMES IT’S BOTH. Same as others, I have my brighter and darker side. No one is perfect. I just need to use the goodness in me more often.
6. HAVE A BREAK IN BETWEEN. Being too much busy makes me forget to notice the essence of living and the simple things that give me genuine happiness. From time to time, I have to stop because not all things are meant to be done in a rush.
7. ENJOY THE FRUITS OF HARD WORK. I should not forget to enjoy the juices of my labor.
8. UP OR BELOW. Everyone seeks success. If ever I find it, I would rather keep my feet on the ground with someone than be on the top alone.
9. BE CONTENTED. There’s nothing fulfilling than to be with a friend at the end of each day’s journey. Someone to share with.
11. EXPECT A TREAT. However hard life will be, I will push through it. There will be a celebration. A bountiful table at the end.
So, that was my 3-kilometer of life after work. Things to remind me everyday for the rest of my challenging yet fulfilling life.
Thank you for reading.
Maybe you would also like to know what others think about today’s prompt.